This recipe from Crystal is sweet and spicy, and comes together in about 45 minutes and is a super inexpensive way to feed a family of 4 for more than 1 meal!
- 2 packages of boneless chicken legs and thighs
- 2 Tbsp Berebere spice mix
- 1/3 C. Greek Yogurt
- 2 Grapefruits
- 1 package of arugula
- 1-2 lemon, you'll need ½ cup of juice
- 2/3 C. Maple syrup
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 Star anise
- 1 bag of carrots to grill (however many you think you'd like)
- 2 Avocados, diced
- 1. Mix 1-2 Tbsp. Berebere spice mix with 1/3 C. greek yogurt. Rub into your chicken and marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- 2. Supreme 1 grapefruit over a bowl, watch the video above to see how.
- 3. Arrange arugula on a platter with grapefruit slices you cut on top.
- 4. Juice 1 lemon, half of a grapefruit, and add to maple syrup, add cinnamon and star anise. Combine in a small pot, boil until reduced to about 1/3 of its starting volume and is thickened.
- 5. Peel the carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Rub with olive oil.
- 6. Lightly coat your arugula and grapefruit in oil as well.
- 7. Grill your chicken and carrots - start with a high direct flame to get a nice browned outside, then move off of the flame to finish cooking. Once finished, add to the platter with avocado, drizzle with grapefruit sauce and serve.