Join us for your chance to see four local farms/businesses in exclusive tours from the owners! This full day bus tour will include Future Farm Grown, River Bend Winery and Vinyard, Deutsch Family Farm, and Mary Dirty Face Farm. Enjoy learning what makes their businesses unique, and what it takes to get their product on our shelves.
Future Farm Grown • Baldwin, WI – Since 2010, Future Farm Grown has been producing fresh lettuce and herbs year-round in their large greenhouse in Baldwin, WI. Steve Meyer and his team use aquaponics and hydroponics to conserve water, energy, and grow the most nutritious lettuce indoors all year.
River Bend Vinyard and Winery • Chippewa Falls, WI – Founded in 2009 by husband/wife duo Donna & Al, River Bend Vinyard & Winery is producing high quality wine from locally grown grapes. Starting from a passion of making wine at home and winning competitions, they opened for business. River Bend’s award winning wine and tasting room has become a must-see destination for travelers. Wine and cocktails available for purchase for 21+ during the lunch break following the tour.
Deutsch Family Farm • Osseo, WI – Located on 160 acres of beautiful, certified organic land in Osseo, WI, Alison, Jim and their two children have been raising hogs outside all year in deep bedded pens and on pasture since 2006. You may have tried their brats that were featured at our summer brat frys!
Mary Dirty Face Farm • Menomonie, WI – Anton and Rachel own and operate Mary Dirty Face Farm with their two young boys in Menomonie, WI. They grow sustainable, perennial fruit and berries on their 60 acre certified organic farm. They were certified organic in 2016 and remain “off-grid” by utilizing solar power and rain water collection for all of their infrastructure.
More Important Details:
- • The bus board at Menomonie Market at 7:45am, and leaves at 8am. It will return to Menomonie Market at 4:30pm.
- • Tickets are $30 per person, 12+; minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- • Optional boxed lunch is $9, includes a sandwich, black bean salad, cookie, and bottle of water. Vegetarian or meat option.
- • Coolers and storage are availabe if you bring your own lunch.
- • Restroom available on the bus and at select locations.
- • Rain or shine. Bring weather appropriate clothes and accessories.