Class Instructor Policy
Classes sponsored by Menomonie Market Food Co-op (MMFC) in the MMFC Classroom must agree with our Ends Statement and Values: To be Central to a Thriving, Healthy Community. MMFC offers two class seasons, January-May and September-December. Class schedules are finalized 1 month prior to the start of each class season. The Outreach and Education Coordinator will contact you within 5 days following the submission of your proposal.
The MMFC classroom is an education space, not a forum to promote your business. Your class
should not be contradictory to MMFC’s Ends Statement or values.
What MMFC Provides:
● Classroom space
● Enrollment and collection of fees
● Advertisement in our newsletter, The Morsel, social media, in store, Volume One and our
● Distribution of class evaluations
● Class supplies-a list of items being promoted or used is required at least one month
before the class to ensure the item is fully stocked.
● White board and markers
● Projector and cables for PC and Mac
● Wireless mouse, keyboard, pointer/clicker
● Tables and chairs
● Refridgerator, sink, 2 cooktops(no cookware)
MMFC determines the fee for all classes, but encourages instructors to offer the class free when
possible. In the event of a class with a fee, MMFC keeps $20/hour to cover room cost and
supplies, and the instructor receives the rest. A check is mailed to the instructor within 10 days
of the class.
- Food purchased at MMFC is allowed in the classroom. The room should be left in the same
condition it was found. It is a handicapped accessible space, stairs and an elevator are found in
the back of the store within the meat department.
- If there are less than 5 participants registered 24 hours prior to the class, MMFC holds the right to cancel the class.
Deadlines for class proposals:
● November 30th for January-May classes.
● July 31st for September-December classes.